It is undeniable that Dublin is one of the worlds’ leading tech hubs, offering incredible opportunities with prestigious companies. One less well known fact, is how thriving the daily rate contract market within the industry is. There is a lack of information on how contracting works, which in turn has generated myths within the market.
With the IT contracting market booming, now is the time to dispel those myths. Here are some of the many reasons contracting could be the best career move you could make:
- Contracting is as secure if not more secure than a permanent job, every company of value is hiring at the moment and embarking on long term IT related projects, talent is the key requirement and smart companies do not mind if that talent comes in the format of a permanent employee or a contractor. Most contracts get extended several times and even if your project finishes an experienced recruitment partner such as Stelfox will have another project lined up for you with no down time
- Earnings – you can increase your take home pay by 40-60% overnight by switching to contract, you get paid more and working as a Ltd Company contractor is far more tax efficient than the PAYE tax system
- Flexibility – you are your own boss, you pick when you want to start a contract, many contractors take long breaks in between projects and travel extensively….New Zealand, Asia, Oz for….if you have a family you could plan your projects and take the whole summer off with the family….head of to Spain or Kerry for 8 weeks whilst all your ex colleagues are struggling to get 2 weeks annual leave approved
- The banks are making money again…..so they look as favourably on a contractor as they do a permanent employee when approving loan and mortgages
- You can get ahead of the curve, projections based on market intelligence and historical industry trends suggest there will be surge of permanent candidates entering the contract market over the next 12 months…..talk to us now, secure the premium roles and have the pick of the crop
Even with all the reason’s to do it I am sure you will still have some questions so give us a call, find out what is out there for you and then make an informed decision.
+353 1 679 3182 / [email protected]