Senior Unix (Linux & AIX) - System Administrator
Senior Unix (Linux & AIX) – System Administrator – 4897
Senior Unix (Linux & AIX) System Administrator - Daily Rate Contract - Dublin City Centre
Related responsibilities typically include the following:
- Configure and implement new and existing operating systems and applications software.
- Work with vendors to develop/maintain current standards of performance or troubleshoot issues.
- Ensure adherence to procedures and processes for hardware, software, and applications.
- Interact with multiple business units in deployment of new hardware.
- Develop, modify, maintain, improve, and troubleshoot existing systems.
- Perform hardware and software recovery.
- Perform operational turnover on all system templates.
- Work with business clients to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes, and workflow.
- Develop business case documentation.
- Develop purchase requests and supporting documentation.
- Work with vendors and business support teams to install new systems.
- Analyze and resolve operating systems and applications issues on various systems.
- Develop troubleshooting tools to allow Systems Administrators to support products when they are put into production.
- Generate and maintain reports and documentation.
- Capacity planning analysis and reporting.
What you need
- Extensive experience in Unix Operational Support in a medium to large telecom and/or distributed platform environment performing installation, configuration, and troubleshooting duties.
- In Depth knowledge of Solaris & RedHat, system administration troubleshooting; Boot from SAN, troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills, Disaster Recovery.
- Ability to develop automation process using Scripting languages such as Shell.
- Experience of working with EMC and NetApp storage and familiarity of SAN and Vfiler technology and architectures
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, file transfer and secure file transfer protocols, IIS, networking/distributed computing environment concepts; basic routing concepts.
- Familiar with most aspects of systems/software administration, such as: system installation and configuration, security levels and permissions, installation of third-party software, backup systems, etc.
- SuSE 11+ and RedHat 6+ Linux experience - Required
- Solaris 9/10/11 - Required
- Volume management
- Clustering on RedHat & Solaris - Desirable
- IBM AIX
- Oracle/IBM/Dell hardware knowledge - Required.
- Interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills and be able to work independently
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Process Oriented
* Live Role - Apply for immediate consideration.
If you are interested in this position please forward your CV to (see below) or call Suzanne Brophy for further information.