Mainframe PL/1 Developer
Mainframe PL/1 Developer – 5974
Job Title: Mainframe PL/1 Developer
Job type: 6 month rolling daily rate contract
Location: Dublin City Centre
Rate: Market rates
Work in a team of experienced PL/1 developers delivering high quality PL/1 solutions to a wide range of business users. This includes work on all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysing customer requirements, developing functional and technical specifications, designing, building, unit testing and implementing business solutions. There is a rigorous focus on quality, a requirement for agility and a necessity to work effectively in a high performing team.
- Translation of Business Requirements in Design Documents and Functional Specification
- Translation of Functional specifications into technical specifications.
- Requirement to fully document all unit testing activity undertaken and the necessary documentation to allow handover of the change to the test environment.
- Ensure all project tasks are completed as per preferred methodology.
- Supporting execution of System Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Implementing solutions to the live environment adhering strictly to standards.
- Provide progress reports to team management as requested.
What you need
- 10+ years’ experience in PL/1.
- Relevant Banking experience essential.
- Experience in DB2.
- Must be fully competent in interpreting requirements and designing, unit testing and developing robust solutions.
- Resourceful, self-starter, little supervision needed.
- Strong team player, excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task on concurrent projects.
- Must have comprehensive expertise in a software development lifecycle.
Call Neil Sullivan on +353 1 6793182 for immediate consideration